Grangou is dedicated to helping our friends in Haiti in a variety of ways.
We currently work with Maison des Enfants de Dieu orphanage in the Delmas area, street kids downtown, impoverished women and local churches. Our main work is Travay Bondye, but we are also committed to serving the community and others in need in Port au Prince.
Since July 2008, we have completed a long list of service projects serving the local community in Haiti:
• Team sent within days of earthquake to provide supplies and resources, delivered to orphanage and street kids. Collected and shipped over 10,000 pounds of food, water, formula, diapers and other needed supplies following earthquake
• Helped impoverished women with micro loans and school tuition.
• Distributed backpacks filled with water, food and hygiene kits to needy families following earthquake
• Ongoing food distribution to street kids and needy families
• Established a home for street kids
• Assisted Haitian families into new homes
• Assisted Maison orphanage with rent, transportation repairs, medical bills and operating expenses. Building projects and building improvements at the orphanage
• Annual VBS program serving 1,000+ kids annually.
• Collected donations and distributed backpacks filled with shoes, clothes, toiletries and food to street kids, a Delmas school, a church in Carrefours
• Jwaye Nwel Christmas Program – Collected donations and distributed thousands of Christmas packages to children in need
• Food distribution providing food to last 30 days to over 200 families immediately following the hurricanes in the fall of 2008. Food distribution to street kids, churches, two orphanages and a local village immediately following the hurricanes in the fall of 2008